New Video! The Perfect Omelette

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlm78xqhiQs

People ask me all the time what I cook for myself during the week, and I often feel a little embarrassed to tell them the truth.  I make omelettes.  A lot.  Sometimes four or five nights out of seven, depending on what’s on my calendar.  Life’s been busy lately, and omelettes are the perfect one-pot meal.  I have my blog and my TV projects to attend to 24/7, but from 9-5 (actually 7-7, most days) I also have a day job.  I put on heels and go to an office Monday through Friday, where I oversee marketing and communications for an international software company based near San Francisco.  Someday when I have my own TV show I might quit (sorry, Boss), but for now I have to squeeze out a living in corporate America.

Why omelettes?  Because they’re flexible, easy to make, and perfectly balanced in nutrition.  Eggs offer whole protein and essential fatty acids, and you can fill an omelette with all kinds of vitamin-packed veggies and flavor-rich herbs and seasoning.  And despite what you may have heard, most people can have eggs three or four times a week without triggering cholesterol trouble.  To keep it light, use olive oil instead of butter and go easy on the cheese.

And eggs for dinner is just oh-so-very-European, isn’t it?

Here’s my latest video, a little how-to on the perfect omelette.  Good-quality eggs and a rich, creamy cheese are essential, but you can use whatever veggies you have on hand if you don’t have (or don’t like) mushrooms.  Diced bell peppers, zucchini, or broccoli all work just fine.

This entry was posted in Recipes, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to New Video! The Perfect Omelette

1. Great video! Omelets are so delicious and easy for a weeknight supper.

2. Cheri says:

Love the video and Cowgirl Creamery! It is making me hungry.

3. Great video and recipe, Miri! Omelets, for some reason, have always intimidated me even though I’ve cooked far more complicated dishes, ha ha. Thank you for making this seem so simple and easy to make. I’ll have to brave up and try your omelets sometime soon. :)

4. Robin Sue says:

Miri
    I really enjoyed the video! And I loved the credits, all you, you, you! So cool. I can appreciate the work that goes in to making videos, not so easy to do. You are great on camera and come across confident and relaxed. You will get your show soon with that kind of talent!
    Robin Sue

5. Dana says:

Miri,
    I made this omellete last night for dinner, for myself. The other two members of my family opted for something else and oh, how they missed out! In the words of Paula Dean, it was “out of this world”. Thanks!

6. marla says:

Love the video! I too am a big fan of omelets & enjoy them many times a week. Eggs are so versatile & adapt easily to ingredients on hand.

7. Hannah says:

You actually make omelettes appealing to me! This is a big step, as I’ve hated them ever since my dad made me a kidney omelette when I was eight…

8. Mary says:

You are a natural in front of the camera. Omelets are a perfect quick meal and you certainly have mastered them. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings…Mary

9. I enjoyed your video! My daughters and I love going into the garden and picking herbs, tomatoes and such to add to our eggs. They come up with some great and tasty omelette creations.

10. I’ve shared your link with my friends on my Wendys Hat FB page today! Thanks!

11. Claudia says:

Mushroom and cheese always makes me sing. I love omelettes and wish the family would be more agreeable to a dinner of them instead of insisting they’re breakfast!

12. Courtney says:

Love it, this looks divine. I can totally agree with eating omelets quite frequently. They’re easy and delicious :-)

13. Awesome video, the omelet sure sounds terrific!

14. Love your videos Miri, you have a natural talent and hopefully score a TV show soon :) BTW, that credits had me laughing!

15. Sophie says:

I loved your viedo! Well done! The omelette sounds so tempting to me!

16. Nice video with clear instruction. Eggs is the most versatile ingredient.

17. Aldy says:

Beautiful Video and Delicious Omelette! Love the combination of flavors. Perfect quick meal :)

Cheers,

Aldy.

18. Lena says:

Hey Miri,
    cool video! You look like a pro in it. Well done.
    Unfortunately I do not like omeletts. I just can’t stand that eggy taste. Well too eggy for me. But you are right, they are too easy.
    Lena

19. Chef Chuck says:

Wonderful Miri!! You have great T.V. Presents…
    Plus your making me hungry ;)

20. Chef Chuck says:

May I add Miri, I like the credits, at the end of your demo :) )
    You and your loved ones, have wonderful Easter!

21. I posted a while back on how to make an omelette because I find it is not easy at all…it was one of those things that I have always been scared of making. Thank you for your video, I am still learning despite managing to master it a little more each time.